The Art Of Maintaining
I really wanted to leave my post from yesterday up a couple of days in hopes that people read it and think about it and change themselves accordingly. Then I realized that this is asking a lot and that my random spewings of online nothingness are probably not the world's answer to emotional distress and conflict. Who knew, Im not the greatest.I find myself using my hotmail account a lot more of late. Most likely due to the fact that the majority of my peers are still educating themselves which results in procrastination driven by MSN with blogger as the assistant captain. I love it, I havn't really used my hotmail email in years and there is a story behind its creation and name, which reminds me of my youth and the image I like to foolishly portray to those who know me.
theartofmaintaining@hotmail.com was created seven to eight years ago by a friend of mine named Tanya, who was sick to death of me not having an email and being too lazy to start my own. The internet was a fad I'd scream, why waste my time.
The art of maintaining was born out of my approach to life. Stay laid back and relaxed regardless of the emotional ties that imply themselves into any situation. As I write that I start to realize that this really applies to that which I wrote yesterday and that maybe in this time of constant shift where ever moreso than in the past my friends are vanishing to far off reaches of the planet one might think that a crux of emotional unrest is brewing inside of me.
BUT ITS NOT....and thats not just a veil that I'm throwing up to lead you astray. I often tell people who are going through tough times to not worry because its not worth it, one life, new experience, if its broke find something new to play with, blah blah blah.
I often get as a response to that "Eano, you're just sheltering your emotions, you're bottling them up and one day your gonna break".
I hear this all the time, in movies, music, writting and in social circles. Whenever I hear this I ask myself deep inside is this what you are doing, are you just awaiting a meltdown with a constant disguise that if its not worth it, something else will be?
I sit and wonder, and ponder, and try to drive emotional unrest quietly in front of my moleskin and I here and now can honestly say: I really think I am breaking this cultural norm of bottled anger and emotional unrest.
The art of maintaining is a great philosophy, with the realization that everything that happens in life is happening for something better. It is that constant belief that never lets me get hurt, or if hurt lets me get over it in short periods of time.
I think I'm going to start a faith based organization. It will teach people to care, yet not care, love those who are important to you, until the day that the love dies away. At which point one would move on and find new loves, passions, and reasons for trying. It makes life way more exciting, days move quickly, and thoughts are forever the opposite of stagnent; whatever that is, but Im not going to fret over it cause a dictionary is only a click away....see its happening right here and now.
I worry for my friends that are bent out of shape over something especially when I know their self in happy form which is always more fun. Sure sadness may be a part of life, but reserve it for mourning, personal failure and global unrest.
Stop wasting your time with the pety and develop the art of maintaining.
Now go email me while I wipe away the tears off my cheek...hardiharhar.

<< Home