Sunday, August 06, 2006

Could it actually happen?

I apologize to anyone who finds this space interesting enough to check frequently. All ten of you are sweethearts. I do not write here very often anymore, for I am busy discovering the world of media based philanthropy and the potential that the socially conscious initiatives of the world have on developing my life as a working guy.

We have jumped leaps and bounds over the past few months, and I apologize to those of you who in physical life I have drifted from. Its not personal, its professional, and I swear in time once this whole thing runs itself, we will party, and party hard.

Its crazy to believe that a year ago this month I decided that the way my post graduate career would direct itself would be entrepreneurial in nature. In a years time Atypical Industries can officially say it has achieved the following:

The Atypical collective acts as:
  • communications coordinator for baseline initiatives developing regional cancer programs throughout southern ontario.
  • director of development for a hospice in the Central Region of Ontario just north of Toronto.
  • Communications department for an upstart Environmental Technologies company out of Toronto specializing in photocatalyst nano technologies.
  • the beginning of development projects with a educational centre out of Toronto
  • regional representation for volunteeerenergy.ca and myvolunteerpage.com
  • event production aid with charitable foundations east of the city
Its a little overwhelming to see where this could go, and the fact that it is working is boggling. We are now a collective of 5 churning this thing out we call life, and I only hope that to my peers who have invested time beside me, I do not dissapoint. I think we are going to be ok.

I like where this is all going. Who knows maybe I will write here more often, and Ill just let it be my forum for egotistical self indulgence while I wait for insults from the random lurker that may still find their way by.