When I was just a little boy, I asked my country what should I be?

Should I be famous, should I be rich, she said just follow my lead.
Echoed statements ring through the minds of we alumna. (R&R Nigga, Dewaard,)
Its impossible for a nation saturated in messages promoting its own ego to realize the faults of its own representation.
What will be something to see is in fifty years from now, when those believing in the war on terror look back and say I lived through the time of Bush and said nothing, and more so believed him, just as many Germans frown on themselves now for that which they identified with as right in the time of Hitler. Remember, the Nazi movement was a popular idea when the radio spread its good word. Celebrity and Fame is a hell of a drug.
Oh the looks on the faces of pundits and right facing paupers when the future reveals that the greatest epoch of fascism and ill fated guidance had twenty -four seven coverage all along with over half a nation (by 2 percent) buying into the confusion and concoction of a brothers grim fairy tale of primetime fear.
They'll talk of a Big Brother who put us to bed every night rubbing our heads and re-assuring our minds that the bad men are out there but to not worry; because we will get them. All along going out while we slept to pillage those away from our eye-line, cutting and pasting the appropriate images to create the next chapter of the tale.
I hope the climate doesn't fuk us before we can see the look on a republican post-america, when a tourist from China comes over to take pictures of the ideology factories of Viacom, NewsCorp, AOL and TimeWarner, mere shadows of the power structures they once were:; eyes will well with tears just as now when one visits Auschwitz.
*excerpt provided by a comment posted by myself for Pierre's words
<< Home