Bi-Weekly Beats

I added a new sidebartaculous section to the blog today, on account of most recently I have decided to invest part of my paychecks into music. As I drive a lot with my car due to the responsibility of this job, and that I need music to do pretty much anything efficiently, I figure it to be more of a necessity than a luxury, and Im hoping to make a plea with the government to let me write it off; well see how that goes!
The trend began three weeks ago when I made three fantastic decisions to buy into all of the Bloc Party, Magneta Lane, and the Verve Remixed Cd that I talked about a couple weeks ago.
Two weeks later version 2 of the music collection has added Gorillaz delectable summer album, of which Paige and Francisco both recommend out of sexy party necessity alone. Now for the next two, you must keep in mind that I went shopping with my ultra sultry Macedonian beauty named Elena who loves chilled out Brazilian jungle beats to jive along with a healthy dose of good hiphop; sorry fitty!
So we shopped and shopped and shopped somemore and somehow conned the Sunrise guy to open up a cd player and some batteries phresh from the respective packages so that we could sample some of these random jazz, urban, chillout albums that we had in a pile. He said we could unwrap 3, of which we chose to do four, on account of the guy was gaga over Elena and her musical buying prowess.
After a lengthy sampling of everything from the Brazilian beats, to Cuban and Latin jazz remixes, to other verve albums and a couple that I picked that Elena hadn't heard of we both decided convincingly on The Theivery Corporation's most recent release, as well as a little gem of a jazz band called the RH Factor, with guest appearances for vocals by artists like Common, Erika Badhu, and Q-tip no less.
Both were solid purchases, and cheap too, on account of the low market value of cd's right now. So, to sum up this weeks purchases, we went ultra urban grabbing all beats, no rawk feats, and decided to lay down DFA 1979's album yet again in the face of a hot macedonian and a liberal minded empire records rip off co-worker.
*check in next wednesdayish, to see what gets the next nod of musical approval for my bi-weekly beats.

<< Home