Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Male Ducks, Boy Cows, and a wet Queen Elizabeth.



I only just realized that one of the nicest things of having gone to university in London for four years is that at a school of 30,000 some odd students roughly twenty nine thousand seven hundred and eighty two of 'em are from the Toronto area. I went out last night with a beautifully darlin' Carrie, and we had an really amazing time, sweating our asses off in what was a superb tuesday night party palace on Queen west. We hit up the Drake first and ran into numerous friends from London who I had not seen in a while. A great novelty of the program we all took at Western (MIT) was that your friends branched across a six year minimum scale, as everyone was very tight knit which resulted in a 26 to 18 age bracket of social get-a-longs. After the drake we made our way to the black bull for a last drink and a awkward interaction with a street meat vender who dispensed wet change, so nasty, and proceeded to take miss Carrie home. Fantastic tuesday, who wants to do it again some time?

One of the greatest novelties of having bought a new car is that my desire to rid myself of 'burban life for that of the city can take somewhat of a fast track as I save up for my new loft on queen west in the fall sometime: Oh to be typically toronto artsey, how I thirst for you. But for now, yes (Paige this is for you) indeed, when I say Toronto I do mean the entire GTA, but in defence of my elitist friends I can understand why one might only consider the core of Toronto (of which Paige you reside without; but I wont type that too loudly;)) the true city, for if not for my gusto to mobilize, a new palendromed C I V I C, and an incredibly attractive offer to hang out with miss Carrie (gorgeous that girl is) I would not get into the city nearly as often on a tuesday as I might like.

Nevertheless, I have been booting the twenty minutes down the gorgeous drive if empty DVP, and having a ton of fun on the days which elitist Toronto ladies caress as free from the burbanite influx that occur on thursdays and fridays. Its fun to have a city outlet even if you have to go home to sleep in a cookie cut land like that of east east east so far east Toronto.

Okay, its Whitby, its outside the fuking GTA but like I can see the sign, so fakoff.