I pillage the seas of 8 counts and tamborines
I think I am going to have to change the bi-weekly beats section of this here journal, to the ten days tunes section. Ever since acquiring access to a beautiful little torrent server out of the UK thanks to this man, I have been on a musical vengabus of frequent pick ups on a long musical route. Oh its coming, and everyone is jumping from New York to San Francisco, its an intercity disco. riiiight.So for all of you looking to share that special gift of sound this lovely holiday season I present you with three options that you might not have dove your ears into of late.
Firstly, Tom Vek. Sure his name sounds like he should be singing Wing Night at your local pub, but this guy is groovetacular. Check out his album We Have Sound, and more importantly listen to it start to finish. And then, when your done go back and listen to If I had changed my mind. It is the best one line repetition message I ever heard. Well, that might not be true, but for the moment, its all I can remember.
Secondly, Kiss Me Deadly. Seriously DIElicicious. If I had my playlist on me right now Id compare it to something but my heads all wishy washy with sounds right now. But if anything, take a listen for the fact that like everygood university household they have what appears to be a family like portrait on the welcome page of their website.
Thirdly (and lastly for the time being), Saxon Shore or Bell Orchestre; you pick. Both are melodic escapes, the first more like Sigur Ros and the second an offshoot project of members from the Arcade Fire and a bunch of others I am only just checking out.
So there you have it, your first intermingling of ten day tunes mixed into the bi-weekly beats. There is a financial difference between the two sections, please do not judge me, I blame the Internet, it told me to download. And those commercials about stealing music. If I hadnt seen those I would never of thought to do it. Thankyou Advocacy.

<< Home