Because rocks make better hammers
Could there possibly be anything more lowbrow and lowtech at that, then the art of shoveling snow. In a day and age where I can talk to guys in South Korea with a click of a button, you think that there would be something more time efficient and less strenuous than the excercise that comes out of shovelling snow off a driveway.I just spent an hour and half shovelling a foot of snow off my 'rentals drive. And though I pout and moan at the tedious excercise that is replacing solidfied water from one place to another so that cars and people can mobilize more smoothly, I must admit that for the rational and competitive man genes in me there is somewhat of a challenge and excitement to the process of clearing out a drive.
If it wernt for making it into a game, one which consists of three simple rules,
Do not just go up and down the drive
Be creative
Take a break for a least two cigarettes while plotting your next move, then shovelling would
I would most certainly be much more aggrevated than I am. Really though, its a world of innovation and creative direction, is there not someone that can create a more efficient and cost effective means of removing snow from the suburbs than that of the shovel. If anyone reads this from an warn and sunny island, get to the laboratory, we're too busy getting burried in the fluffy white stuff.

<< Home