What if Juan Guzman had a band?
Would Kelly Gruber play drums?I was searching images of the new Rogers Centre for the next post about how much fun the Jays game was last night and this image came up in the first ten googled (yes its a verb) images so I figured I'd investigate.
The Soft Machine was never a commercial enterprise and indeed still remains unknown even to many listeners that came of age during the late '60s, when the group was at their peak. In their own way, however, they were one of the more influential bands of their era, and certainly one of the most influential underground ones. One of the original British psychedelic groups, they were also instrumental in the birth of both progressive rock and jazz-rock.
Along with Pink Floyd and Tomorrow, The Soft Machine were one of the very first underground psychedelic bands in Britain, and quickly became well loved in the burgeoning London psychedelic underground.
With a title track called Out-Bloody-Rageous theres no doubt these late sixties predecessors of all that is trippy knew how to beat the Vietnam blues. Im not sure what relevance they have to the Toronto Blue Jays, other than I think the Soft Machine was Dave Steib's nickname, but they deserve a Rogers Centre pics search hit just as much as any other first generation triprock representative.

<< Home