Tuesday, June 07, 2005

So how was your weekend?

After yet another debaucherous weekend, I wanted nothing more to to wake up on a stumbly sunday morning and tell the world of the hilarity that insued on the two nights previous. It's funny, after writing on this page pretty consistently for a couple months now, when I am out I start to think to myself of how random occurences would make a good posts; wouldn't this be funny on my blog, geez I wish I had a camera so I could put this on my blog? I've become obsessed with documenting the experiences I share with one circle to wake up the next morning and find a way to share with a open communal bigger circle. I feel like digi-twats who document their entire lives via camera phones and digi cams which have me torn between appreciation for moments captured and this weird pity for peers stuck in a perpetual groundhog day of digital rememberance.

So I wake up sunday morning and begin my blog scrolling through my list of very entertaining links and come across the unfortunate news that a good friend of mine who I truly respect and wish was still closer with, has recently lost his uncle which through reading his post appears to have been most unwelcome and a disastrous surprise. Naturally I have not wanted to post the mediocre tales of drunkeness when the dates compared to that of a friend's post would reveal the seriousness of one's experience and the pointlessness of mine own.

Now my personal perspective on death has resulted in much distain and unease from people close to me (especially my mother), as never have I once in the loss of three grandparents, the close aunt of a stepfather, and a lovely little cat have I shed tears or spent many days mourning. It is my true belief that while I understand the need to mourn, to me death is something that needs to happen, is expected to happen, and will result in an understood reason for both the dead and the living if not immediately than in some time after in life or in another realm to which life leads next. If anything, in death, I am more distraught over the emotions of those who care for the deceased than the individual who has died.

The last week has been a moment of blogular silence for the emotions of my friend, which unfortunately is a relationship I keep through the internet more so than in person (which I plan on changing now that I am back in the general area code of this chap) and a self-realization that as relationships geographically spread my weekend indulgences are not as personal press worthy as I may otherwise think while witnessing barefoot street races at 5am in a residential court sauced out of my gourd as compared to the happenings of others who I care about.

R&R nignog, I wish you and your family well, and as cliche as I can be; it must have been for a reason. Much love.