maybe I should shoot my translator!
*sidenote of the day: I never expected to hear the words "Deep Throat" in the same sentence so much on conservative news stations like Fox and CBS.So I finally watched the pupetted feature "Team America: World Police" yesterday and I give it one of those loose side to side shaky hand meh's. Now usually an anti-american satire about a team of policing puppets that save the world from weapons of mass destruction by blowing up and destroying everything around the suspect would of got me all tingly wingily, but for some reason of late American war slander is just no longer funny to me.
Don't be afraid, I did not jump ship, I just feel as though joking about the faults of American foreign policy is no longer a topic with room for humour and needs to stop being criticized in popular media and start being acted on by influencial policy. For instance, I try and read news highlights every now and then towards the current state in countries like Iraq or Afghanistan and these are the stories I read:
click on to link to stories or captioned pics from:
newsleader.com
newsleader.com again
The Los Angeles Times
Reuters
and thats just a few.
To me, movies like Team America just arnt worth the laughs anymore because we are past the point of being cynical and aware of a problem that should have solutions. Now obviously this is an irrelevant rant in the "what am I gonna do about it" world of personal powerless political policy makeup and this is not intended as a rally cry for anti war chants or shifty left wing rhetoric. I'm simply stating that I'm sick of the entertainment industry using satire to prove the faults of the current American administration's war policies.
Ill give Parker and Stone the benefit that puppet's fucking is funny, and that I know this film was intended as nothing more than a jab at a system that otherwise permits Matt Stone and Trey Parker to do nothing to change the way America works overseas, but personally I can't watch foreign policy critique anymore unless its a photo like that of the four year old linked above.
Otherwise I am cheapening an issue on which I may have no power over, but need not be laughing at in the meantime.

<< Home