Thursday, March 31, 2005

Screw the Place; No limits to Groove Space

Are you the type that hates downloading but loves music? Cool me too, let's chat!

I'm the type whose real player library is made up solely of legally copying bought or burnt cd's (k..half legal) onto my hardrive and never having to bother with the annoying life of piracy which drives me insane trying to search and lock down the ideal version of the song that by the time I get, don't even want to hear anymore. I'm also the type that loves new tracks every day, and a lot of days I really wish the radio existed in its ideal potential, and that there were quality radio stations emitted on my FM shower radio every morning when I wake up. If any of you are from London, you know of the lack of quality radio that exists in ye ole Forest City. So then what's the obvious lead in answer that I've been painting.

We'll lets look at the needs:
  • Music with Computer
  • New and Unknown Music
  • Quality Radio Programming

Hot Damn, what about Internet radio. Lately I have been obsessed with Internet Radio, mainly because of my new Jazz, Funk, and rare hiphop fix, which are genres that are tough to develope individual artist like and dislikes because there is so much out there to choose from, from so many years, and I have fried to many memory bits to retain the playlists from MaxTrax on channel 700. I needed someone to spoon feed me good music. cue in live 365 and ITunes.

What I have come to learn in the last few months is that there still are amazing radio stations out there, but they're just no where near my actual locality. Today, I want to spread my internet music source love to you, so that you too can groove in your offices and bedrooms like I have been for the past while with fresh vibes and mellow rhymes...ewwwwouiii:

  • ((( we funk ))) under the urban section of ITunes Radio
  • Boombastic Radio - under the same menu as above
  • KKJZ 88.1 Long Beach Cali radio - search Jazz at live365.com its the first and best
  • KSBR - From somewhere but its in Itunes Jazz too
  • Groove101 - Search for it at Live365.com
  • Ska, Punk, and other Junk - search punk at live365
  • Utopia Vibes - from live365 searcing lounge
  • The Green Lounge - same as above but better - if your like a swinging bachelor
Take a listen, its like an endless playlist without the dehumanizing effects of the IPOD. And sweet Buddha, if you know of other good web based radio, drop me a comment and spread the vibes!

peas.