Tuesday, December 06, 2005

What I didnt see coming this time last winter!

If someone told me last April that in December I would be telling regional cancer surgeons how best to frame initiatives to better the care for cancer service in Canada, I would of spit up a little and coloured them lies. If someone told me last April that in December a company with my name on it would be underway versatile in the realms of project management for non-profit organizations and businesses alike, I would of spit up and coloured them lies. If someone told me last April that in December I would still be close with so many people despite the traditional characteristics of moving away from and back to two seperate homes, I would of hugged them all over and said thankyou, because I love my friends.

I donated 50bucks to a good friends charitable initiative this past weekend, and to some that was no doubt a pompous thing to do. Sure I may be frivilous with cash, sure I may spend needlessly at times to ensure people have a good night. But I am so fortunate for where I am at from this time last December that it is so important for me to show those who I care for and who choose to stay close with me just how much it means. No money doesnt equal emotion, but it certainly is a nice gesture when your hunting another shot at the bar with an empty pocket.

I grew up in Ottawa, Peterborough, Kingston, Whitby, London, and Whitby again. Friends have come and friends gone, and for the first time in my life more have stayed close than drifted away. For that reason, Ill give you my liver if need be, after I buy you another drink. Alright, this was all a lie, buy, buy, buy my shit. I hate you all.