Monday, August 29, 2005

A self-endulgent pEEReridocal appreciation of the self and other

I like to listen. Its rare that in a circle of two that the dominant conversation revolves around that which I am doing. Sure of late with the thankful successes that the last month as brought me I have had to endure the tell me about speeches to counterparts and close friends, but to a large degree I hate talking about it.

Now this could be a figment of my imagination, and a guy like Risco the Fran (get a new face already) might say that the above statement was utter bullshit as he frequently has to endure my nonsense rants about myself and my own happenings.

This is more a comment towards the girlfriends I keep, cause straight up, girls like to talk, and more than anything they like to talk about themselves. Case in point, my very close Nicole. This girl can talk more than any human being or robotical program designed only to talk that I have ever been introduced to in my life. And let me tell you, I have been introduced to a lot of conversational robots.

Maybe thats why I keep so many girls as friends and why this gino twat gave me the compliment of a lifetime by asking if I was gay a couple weeks ago based on the facts that I showed up to the party with 6 girls only, according to him had unique style and a fancy knit hat (ascott actually). Now this was a compliment to me solely because it came from this particular person named DANO. No shit, this whop gelled beamer to cool for school typical Whitby fuktwit was named DANO. fukin Dano. Regardless I received many lucious hugs and kisses by the girls I rolled with that night following the inquisitive misnomer that ole Dano cooked up so thanks buddy, your next can of hair gel is on me.

Where was I (fuking Dano), right, so I keep girlfriends because I enjoy listening and they enjoy talking about themselves. This friday however, I was hanging out with Nicole at like 3am on the back porch and for her a mystical revelation of sorts happened. She stopped telling me for two minutes how I have to understand how she's in love right now and what that means though it wont be forever, because she doesnt know if she loves him, and she wants to live and run free, lets go to europe, what do ya say, teachers college will be scary, I go on thursday, should be fun, come up and visit, my boyfriend, oh i love him, can I call him, do you mind, okay I wont, can we have a smoke, how bout another one, wheres the wine, have we drank two bottles, have I told you about my boyfriend, I miss him, I love you, your the greatest jason, wanna go to europe, can you believe I go to Windsor, tell me about you, wait did I mention my boyfriend *and breathe*. riight, so thats actually how it goes with her but she is SOOOO attractive thats it worth it, but anyways she stops for two minutes and says tell me about you, whats going on.

Now understand that I hate that because unless direct questions are asked I feel worthless in answering those questions, mainly because everyone else talks about would be love interests in this time, and I get dupped into talking about business, and my easy going nature, blah blah boring. I think I need a girlfriend, eep, whose game? Where the point of this whole post stems from is at this moment where Nicole cuts me off and starts telling me why she thinks Im great.

Its such a weird yet rewarding feeling when someone tells you why they appreciate you and what it is that amazes them about you. You get this warm bubble of self recognition inside you which makes you both appreciate yourself and moreso value the person across from you that much more. Needless to say after a lengthy tribute to jason, we had a big hug and drank more wine, hit more bowls, and went inside to fall asleep to the exciting sounds of Harold and Kumar going to white castle, embraced on the couch: dont tell the boy about this please she says....hahah I love it, her boyfriend is so boring, I want to throw it out there just to see if it peeks his mundane.

So the point of this is to appreciate the silence of your friends and take the time sometimes to recognize how much their understanding and action as a vent means to you. I found out this weekend how important it is, and it makes your closest and closest feel great inside...especially with a few pints of homemade red in the system. everyone likes cuddles.

I just realized how self righteous this post is, and if you sat threw it, yardiyaryar....im great yeh yeah, love me love me...hahaha get back to what you were doing already.
now lets talk about you