getting the small talk out of the way.
I cant seem to find a solid string of coherent thoughts to put a post together in these past few days. It has been chaotic in the life that is mine, and so, though I am personally not a big fan of the "write what happened to me" post and picture I am going to buckle and cave to the art of literary representation of recalled representation. There at least I prefaced with what on the skim over may appear as an intellectual anecdote.Anyways, so Tuesday I teamed up with spanish brederen Francisco, whom together voyaged into the city to pick up Paige and make our way to the Rivoli for a riot of a time. It was sketch comedy night, and for about two hours I was thrown into that which I picture the experience to be if I were in a SNL studio watching Chris Farley in a small suit.
The acts were really funny, and some of Mister Rivas' familia perform in one of the troops called Frenzi. They are very entertaining, and after watching SOCK RIOT (a game played on stage, where five male cast strip down to boxers and wrestle for one another's socks until there is a proclaimed winner all to the sound of soft adult contemporary love songs: summation, funny), I have decided that I like sketch comedy live and for a whoping price of FREE, may end up showing my face at the Rivoli on tuesday's again.
On the business front tuesday prooved to be very beneficial as well. I received a call from a major foundation in Metro Toronto who would like to have me in for an interview for the role of events coordinator for their charitable initiatives. The interview is later today, wish a cat well.
Yesterday was the event day for the charity golf tournament I have been attending organizing committee meetings for over the past three months. My 7 am thursday morning wake up calls proved to be worth it all, as I got to smoozche and swing with my local communities industrial elite. The event raised one hundred and twenty thousand dollars for a regional cancer centre, featured amazing weather, great golf, abnormal amounts of food, deliciously catered, and my free reign of a golf cart all day to boot around and assume the role of organizer by just asking if everything was ok with everyone. I have a tan, a ballooned stomach, and a strong pat on the back. Oh free golf shirt and some bluejays/redsox tickets for september too, lycra and liquor mmmmmm!.
On the ballooned stomach note. Why is there so much food in my world. BBC reported today that the American obesity crisis is growing. No shit, its spreading to Canada. In a month combining a wedding, camping weekend, numerous drunk escapades, stoned nights and home cooking, I feel like a balloon, a balloon whale, a balloon whale pignata that if attacked could result in my covering your party with jolly ranchers and skittles because of the food overload spreading through my body. I feel grosse and unworldly ignorant as I have both added pounds and further hypocrized my green awareness for Sudan bracelet. Its hot out side, I think somehow in this eat fest I have developed hate for anything edible...shoot me....kiddin, its not that bad, but as you can see in Paige's most recent post...chubby needs less beer.There we go, that sums up of the week thus far. I guess to a degree these kind of posts are worthwhile. I was telling Francisco on the drive to see the comedy show that the reason I value blog culture so much, especially due to the large amount of personal peers I have sharing and reading these online journals, is because when social happenings of the real kind occur, all that pesky what are you up to conversation that bothers me so much when you go back to the bar and run into people from HighSchool is out of the way.
Camping was a blast last weekend because not once did I hear a conversation of "so, what are you up to's" for more than ten minutes. Sure there was the odd "so hows it going" but it was always in reference to a known life occurence that everyone knew about because of the blog.
Yet another reason to waste your time on here when alone, so that you can enjoy your time further when you meet up with people outside of this online jungle. Value the small talk that blogs kill off, its the small talk that suks anyways.
cheers.
so what are you up to nowadays?

<< Home